Job offer: Head of Pre-School
Head of Pre-School
commencing 1 August 2020
GESS has strong European foundations and believes in developing confident, forward-looking students through a celebration of respect, openness and inclusiveness. GESS is recognized for its languages and offers a choice between two main curricula: the German Abitur or the English-speaking International Baccalaureate (IB) programme. The school caters to students of all ages, starting from 18 months to graduation at 18 years. GESS is a private school association led by an elected committee and the school management. Currently, more than 300 full and part-time staff are employed at the school. A new purpose-built campus with brand new facilities will open in August 2018 at Dairy Farm Road.
- To be fully responsible for the management, quality and growth of the Pre-school
- Management of the day to day running of the preschool
- To cultivate and lead a shared school vision
- Nurture and sustain a culture and instructional programme conducive to learning and staff development
- Ensure management of school operations to produce a safe and effective learning and teaching environment
- Collaborate and work closely with families and the diverse communities that the school serves
- Lead by example by promoting integrity, fairness, and ethical behavior
- Continuous improvement and development of the Preschool’s IB PYP, Play Based and German Curriculum
- Capability to promote, develop and implement new programs in the Pre-School Department
- Qualifications as social educator (Degree) or certified early childhood educator and relevant experience in a similar leadership position
- Fluent spoken and written English, German advantageous
- Must have knowledge of the PYP (Primary Years Programme) and / or German educational programmes (curricula)
- Strong leadership skills, with ability to impact staff growth and development
- Build solid relationships with staff, parents and leadership team
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to integrate and embrace diverse cultures
- In charge of fostering a positive environment and be aligned to school values
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application, your complete resume, salary expectations and a recent photo.
Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position. Submit your application via our Careers Page at www.gess.hbcareers.com. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Our students are our most valuable assets. As any professional international school, GESS has a Child Protection Policy. Our recruitment process reflects this policy in that we ask for a police clearance check and further background checks for shortlisted candidates.
German European School Singapore
2 Dairy Farm Lane, Singapore 677621 | +65 6469 1131 | Fax: +65 6469 0308| www.gess.sg