Stellenangebot: German Teacher
Start Date: 1st January 2019
Application Closing Date: 20th December 2018
Reports To: Sectional Heads
An educational village where children learn to make positive contributions to their communities and the world beyond.
EIS was founded in 2009 and has grown continuously to a current enrollment of 480 students, representing 42 nationalities, from Early Years through Grade 12. The school is an IB Continuum School, offering all three programs of the International Baccalaureate. The school graduated its first class of IB Diploma students in 2017/18. The Learning Principles of the school are founded on the premise that students enjoy a teaching and learning environment where they feel safe, understand the purpose of their learning, and are challenged appropriately to progress and attain high expectations. The school is in a suburban location, approximately 20 minutes from the city center, and is considered a boutique “education village”. The campus comprises 13 renovated villas in a tropical, garden setting, enhanced with purpose build facilities. The school has developed a Vision Narrative of Strategic Intent until 2020 and the focus includes:
- School accreditation and ongoing improvement.
- An anticipated period of school growth in student numbers.
- Development of teaching in line with revised learning standards and outcomes, including data driven assessment.
- Enhancement of curriculum provisions, especially in the area of technology.
EIS teachers are passionate about delivering high-quality education, enjoy teaching and improving their teaching practice. They are collegial, reflective and hard-working. EIS teachers benefit from regular professional development and are expected to contribute to the professional development of others.
Successful candidates need to be able to demonstrate a growth mind-set and an understanding of the challenges inherent in being a small but growing school. As an IB school, experience of teaching in an IB school is an advantage, through the school will always consider well qualified and self-motivated teachers from other teaching backgrounds. A willingness to engage fully in the school's community, enrichment activities, excursions and other events is a must.
- Desire to teach international curricula, in particular the IB PYP and MYP programmes.
- Desire to work on whole school programmes and initiatives
- Experience in pastoral care and enthusiasm to be a homeroom teacher
- Willingness and ability to offer creative, active or service related extra-curricular activities.
- Homeroom teacher duties
- Teaching German language mother tongue and second language classes
- Potential for language coordinator responsibility
- Active member of the school community
- All teachers are expected to contribute to the development of the academic and pastoral curriculum, working independently and as part of the team.
- Supervision of after-school activities
The successful candidate will have:
- ideally acquired a second state examination for grammar schools in Germany (Fakultas für Deutsch Sek I / II) or a PGCE / teaching certificate from another country with excellent verbal and written communication skills in German or at least a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in German Language and Literature with an additional qualification for teaching German as a foreign language (DaF),
- good verbal and written communication skills in English
- experience in teaching German Language and Literature to high school (pre-university) German mother tongue students would be beneficial
- excellent communication, teaching, and interpersonal skills
To apply, please download the Job Application Form - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vWNTYV-IRXKRcdgGuwifrABO_W5MPX-e/view -and submit it with all your supporting documents to EIS Recruitment Team at email@example.com. Please kindly visit https://www.eishcmc.com/about/career/ for further details.
The closing date for submission is 20th December. The school may appoint strong candidates before this deadline so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.