Stellenangebot: Pre-School Specialist: Educator (German Speaking class
Pre-School Specialist: Educator (German Speaking Class)
commencing 1 August 2020
40 hrs week
GESS has strong European foundations and believes in developing confident, forward-looking students through a celebration of respect, openness and inclusiveness. GESS is recognized for its languages and offers a choice between two main curricula: the German Abitur or the English-speaking International Baccalaureate (IB) programme. The school caters to students of all ages, starting from 18 months to graduation at 18 years. GESS is a private school association led by an elected committee and the school management. Currently, more than 300 full and part-time staff are employed at the school. A new purpose-built campus with brand new facilities will open in August 2018 at Dairy Farm Road.
- Fully responsible for running a Pre-School class
- Planning for the units in cooperation with the other class teachers
- Planning and preparing documentation in relation to school curricula, reports and portfolios
- Involvement in policy writing, curriculum reviews etc.
- Giving information to parents about special activities and events regarding the children
- Facilitating regular parent teacher conferences, parents’ evenings and other parents’ activities
- Must be proficient in German spoken and written language as classes will be conducted in German
- Must have a good command of the English
- Appropriate experience and teaching qualification
- Must have previous teaching experience in a pre-school setting; knowledge of the IB PYP framework and the Reggio Emilia philosophy is desirable
- Must have experience in teaching hands-on and inquiry lead approaches as well as in a play based curriculum
- Proficient oral & written communication skills
- Have an engaging and charismatic disposition with a passion and talent to develop a love for life-long learning in young children
- Must be creative in delivering lessons plans and children-lead inquiry based learning engagements
We offer an exciting working environment in an international and cooperative team. Your application should include a letter of application, your complete resume, salary expectations and a recent photo. Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position. Submit your application via our Careers Page at www.gess.hbcareers.com. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. The School reserves the right to appoint prior to the application deadline.
Our students are our most valuable assets. As any professional international school, GESS has a Child Protection Policy. Our recruitment process reflects this policy in that we ask for a police clearance check and further background checks for shortlisted candidates.
German European School Singapore
2 Dairy Farm Lane, Singapore 677621 | +65 6469 1131 | Fax: +65 6469 0308| www.gess.sg